Tuesday, November 2, 2010

American Lies

In England, if a criminal carried a gun, even though he didn't use it,

he was tried for first-degree murder and hung if he was found guilty.


Ronald Reagan, April 1982


I told the Congress ‘thanks but no thanks’ for that Bridge to Nowhere.


Sarah Palin


It happens not to be the area where weapons of mass destruction were dispersed.


We know where they are.


They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south
and north somewhat.


Donald Rumsfeld


I remember landing under sniper fire.


There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport,

but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.


Hillary Clinton


Lying and stealing are next door neighbors.


Arabian Proverb


We found the weapons of mass destruction.


We found biological laboratories.


You remember when Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said,

Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons.


George Walker Bush


I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.


William Jefferson Clinton, 1998


We did not--repeat, did not--trade weapons or anything else for hostages,
nor will we


Ronald Reagan, November 1986


I have never profited, never profited from public service.


I have earned every cent.


And in all of my years of public life, I have never obstructed justice.


And I think, too, that I can say that in my years of public life,

that I welcome this kind of examination

because people have got to know whether or not their President's a crook.


Well, I'm not a crook.


I've earned everything I've got.


Richard Nixon, November 17, 1973


The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein

recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa.


George Walker Bush, Jan. 28, 2003


That's not a lie, it's a terminological inexactitude.


Also, a tactical misrepresentation.


Alexander Haig


The North Vietnamese regime had conducted further deliberate attacks

against U.S. naval vessels operating in international waters.


Lyndon Baines Johnson


...a very senior al-Qaida leader who received medical treatment
in Baghdad this year.


George Walker Bush, October 7, 2002


The world will note that the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima,
a military base.


That was because we wished in this first attack to avoid, insofar as possible,
the killing of civilians.


Harry Truman, August 9, 1945


The rule was there was no graduate deferment,
but you got to finish the term you were in


...I wound up just going through the lottery,
and it was just a pure fluke that I was never called.


William Jefferson Clinton, 1991


This is the punishment of a liar: he is not believed,
even when he speaks the truth.


The Talmud


A bullet had entered the base of the back of [JFK's] neck slightly
to the right of the spine.


Gerald Ford


I do not have Addison's disease.


John Fitzgerald Kennedy


I have vivid and painful memories of black churches being burned

in my own state when I was a child.


William Jefferson Clinton, June 8th, 1996.


...the Congress will push me to raise taxes, and I'll say no, and they'll push,
and I'll say no,
and they'll push again, and I'll say to them, 'Read my lips: no new taxes.'


George Herbert Walker Bush, August 18, 1988


...a man who loves to link up with al- Qaida,
a man who is a true threat to America.


George Walker Bush on Saddam Hussein, September 28, 2002


Lying rides upon debt's back.


Benjamin Franklin


We are now threatened with a missile gap

that leaves us in a position of potentially grave danger.


John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 1960


No American boy is going to fight a war on foreign soil.


Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 1940


Since I was a little boy, I've heard about the Iowa caucuses.


William Jefferson Clinton

1 comment:

Jon A Firebaugh said...

The check is in the mail

NEWSBUSTED at NEWSBUSTERS.ORG 2-18-2015