Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"THE BIG LEBOWSKI" - Carolina Theatre, Thursday, Aug 25, 7:30pm

"Walter Sobchak: I'm saying, I see what you're getting at, Dude, he kept the money.

My point is, here we are, it's shabbas, the sabbath,
which I'm allowed to break only if it's a matter of life or death...

The Dude: Will you come off it, Walter? You're not even ...Jewish, man.

Walter Sobchak: What the ...are you talkin' about?

The Dude: Man, you're ...Polish Catholic...

Walter Sobchak: What the ...are you talking about?

I converted when I married Cynthia! Come on, Dude!

The Dude: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...

Walter Sobchak: And you know this!

The Dude: Yeah, and five ... years ago you were divorced.

Walter Sobchak: So what are you saying?

When you get divorced you turn in your library card?

You get a new license?

You stop being Jewish?

The Dude: It's all a part of your sick Cynthia thing, man.

Taking care of her ...dog.

Going to her ...synagogue.

You're living in the ...past.

Walter Sobchak: Three thousand years of beautiful tradition,
from Moses to Sandy Koufax...
[shouting]

Walter Sobchak: You're goddamn right I'm living in the ...past!"

No comments:

NEWSBUSTED at NEWSBUSTERS.ORG 2-18-2015